Friday, September 25, 2015

Relief (Main Piece)

Displaying IMG_3103.JPG

For my main relief piece, I decided to use cardboard. I first sketched out the beach with the palm trees and the sun. Then, I transferred it over to the cardboard. I left the bigger palm tree alone and cut the top layer of the smaller palm tree so that it looked like it was in the back ground. For the sky, I cut the top two layers away so that only the last layer was left. I left the sun alone. Then, I just painted everything and decided I was going to paint the sky as a sunset. I found the different layers of this piece to be successful. The cardboard gives it texture. Next time, I would put the sun in the center of the sky so that it looked like a more realistic sunset. I was inspired to make this piece because I knew the texture of the cardboard would make the trunks of the palm trees and the water look cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment