Monday, January 11, 2016

Unconventional Material Challenge



My unconventional material for this project was fabric samples. For my piece, I decided to use the fabric samples and wire to make a hat. A big challenge that I overcame during this project was figuring out what I was going to do with my material.  It took me a while to come up with an idea. The hot glue was a challenge as well; it was messy and when it dried it left marks on the fabric. One thing I would change would be to use an adhesive that isn't hot glue because it didn't work out very well. Another challenge that I overcame was working with wire because it was very difficult to use. Using the wire turned out to be a success, however, in the future I would probably choose a wire that is easier to work with. I picked the project that I did because I asked my mom for ideas and one of them was to make a hat. An idea that I first had for this project was to do a relief piece with cardboard and somehow work the fabric into it, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. However, the first idea that came to mind was to make a skirt, but I thought that it would be too easy and not creative enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment